[PLUG-Devel] Latest Word on Content Managers?

vodhner at cox.net vodhner at cox.net
Fri Aug 31 13:00:01 MST 2007

Thanks, all.

The Java solutions might be good for me to look at because

1. Our shop is making a big push into Java.

2. I myself lack any practical Java experience and need to get into that.

If GWT is mostly client side I'm not very interested, since our site will drive
some pretty interesting server-side apps.

The obfuscation thing is of no interest at all since this is an internal site
for developers, so the more lucid it is the better.

I'll be looking into several of these, so thanks again.

BTW, we have had a departmental wiki going for a year now.  Very effective.  We are using WikiMedia.  Required to update a status report daily .  .  . not sure what this does to the disk usage since WikiMedia saves previous pages whole.  The wiki runs on its own dedicated Linux box, but it may move to Solaris to get official file backup support.

I am still interested in comparisons among Drupal, Joomla and Zope.  Nobody has responded on Zope.  Is it old and getting stale?  Strongest statement I've seen is that Hans has been happy with Drupal, so I guess that is winning the "vote" among the non-Java choices so far.

Thanks,

Vic