[PLUG-Devel] Security Audit of Joomla!

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sat Sep 9 08:10:07 MST 2006

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 07:54:02AM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:

> The PLUG site is now running Joomla! 1.0.11, listed in the solution to
> this vulnerability.  I also set 'register_globals' disabled for our
> Joomla! directories with a custom php.ini in each subdirectory.

Phew!

Register_globals? That's been deprecated for some time, and should
always be set to Off. Anything that breaks because of that should be
fixed or replaced. It's been a common avenue of attack, and it's also a
sign of sloppy coding. Nice that you've got it disabled. :)

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |