[PLUG-Devel] "managing" open source projects

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 19:58:17 MST 2006

Hi,

  quick background:
  I'm a windows developer who loves linux and open
source products. I also happen to be part of team
growing towards Agile development methodologies. Not
all Agile/XP  would apply well to us partly because we
are a virtual office company. I was thinking about
this when it occured to me that the way OSS projects
are handled might

  the question:
  Anyone know how large OSS project work on a
day-2-day and dev cylcle basis? In particular, the
kernel team.. don't they mostly use email and IM to
coordinate? And how do they appoint tasks?

-j