[PLUG-Devel] debugging on linux

Pih Lung Pang pihlungpang at yahoo.dk
Fri Jan 27 12:05:44 MST 2006

I use (gdb and) ddd, and that works great for me.
 You can set breakspoints and check variables.

 /Pih Lung

Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote: Instead of hijacking a thread from plug-discuss,
thought I'd start a new one here.

I was interested in hearing how devs debug on linux
and what you can do.

One thing I mentioned is that I tend to use gui
because of keyboard shortcuts. Keep in mind though,
this is on windows where the command line sucks major
asterisk compared to linux.

So how do you debug? What tools do you use? Can you
step though code? Use breakpoints? check variable
values on a given line of code? variable watches? ...

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109
  http://counter.li.org/