svn for offline?

der.hans PLUG at LuftHans.com
Fri Sep 16 15:18:59 MST 2005

moin, moin,

I want to have offline copies of repositories that can take checkins, etc.
when not able to connect to the server.

I would then like those checkins to checkin to the real repository. I need
this to work with out of order changes.

For instance, if computer A adds 'blah' and computer B adds 'foo' and
computer C removed 'fred' I want the repository to have blah and foo, but
not fred and have logs from each change.

I'm fine w/ the main repository checkins requiring intervention if it
can't automagically handle the changes, but I want it to still
automagically capture the original log, etc.

I think the checkin to the main repository needs to be able to pull each
of the new versions in the offline repositories and check them in by hand.

I've just been maintaining seperate RCS trees and been merging things by
hand. I would like to avoid writing a script to peel out old RCS versions
and apply them to another repository.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.