Installfest Research

plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Mar 30 07:00:04 2005

> I am not sure how "E/Er" is but Alex has a login to the PLUG website host
> server.  It was provided to him several months ago with the intention
> that he was building an InstallFest FAQ page and the online form
> mentioned.  Perhaps he has become distracted from his
goal.

Oh wow.  That's news to me!  I thought that day we tried to get logged in, but 50km's server ground to a halt under the strain of vim under bash in a UML.  I didn't hear from you since.  Sorry!  I would have posted at least a stub if I had known!

I did independantly write a tool, both as an exercise in PHP and for the group, but it was overkill and probably wouldn't have been used.  Had a database driven thing which dynamically built dropdowns, you could add a service, attach distros and jobs to the service, and put times on each.  More like a garage's labor calculator than a help desk trouble ticket system.  I like Trent's design description much better.

--Alexander