Which Eclipse?

Carl Parrish plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri Jun 11 18:15:03 2004

Interesting article about some of the work RedHat is doing with
opensource Java. (I may have to look at it again would be nice if I
didn't have to flush my java experience). Thought I'd ask what the devel
community thought about it. Will open source java be a reality any time
soon? I think that a java / mono back end with XUL on top that could be
hooked into with ruby would be my dream developers platform. btw mozilla
1.7 will have SVG support by default I think that alone will make it a
better developer environment (though I've been *loud* in some of my
disagreements of 1.7 I think this is a great thing for us). does eclipse
need to be run nativly? Do you see any problems with this? I installed
eclipse though yum the other day and couldn't install cdt to do C/C++
programming. Wondering if I may have some of the same issues with the
RedHat version. (and will it run natively on fedora?). All in all though
I think this is good stuff.