June meeting topic

Deepak Saxena plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Apr 29 14:15:03 2003

On Apr 21 2003, at 15:46, Ted Gould was caught saying:
> A presentation that I was thinking about volunteering would be to do a
> one hour introduction to computer architecture.  Like really take apart
> a modern RISC pipeline and kinda explain how it all works.  Ofcourse, it
> couldn't be too in depth, but I think that I could pull off a reasonable
> overview that would help people code in an hour or so.  I could probably
> also go into the memory hierarchy and some caching methods.  Comments?
> Ideas?  Would that be interesting to anyone besides me?

I'd be interested in doing something like that, and would actually like
to go up a level and add some OS concepts into place. Things like VM
management, caches and cache mangement, scheduling, etc.

~Deepak

--
In America, you are free to speak your mind as long as you agree
with the majority opinion.