June meeting topic

Deepak Saxena plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon Apr 21 21:32:02 2003

I've agreed to do a presentation for June and would like to
run some possible topics by the group to make sure that
it's something that interests people.  From the last meeting,
it seemed like there are a fair number of embedded people on
the list and since that's my area of focus, it'll definetely
be in that area.  Possible topics so far:

- Embedded Systems Development With MontaVista Linux

  An overview of the MVL development environment and how
  one would use it for embedded systems development. This
  wouldn't be very low level type stuff, so I might save
  this for a regular PLUG meeting if the devel group isn't
  as interested.

- Migrating Device Drivers to 2.5/2.6

  An overview of how to move drivers to the 2.5/2.6 kernel
  with a majority of focus on sysfs and the new Linux device model.

- ???

  I'm open to suggestions.  I'm willing to do some research if
  it's something that I'm interested in and related to my area
  of expertise.

~Deepak

--
In America, you are free to speak your mind as long as you agree
with what's CNN wants you to think.