Best distrobution for me?

Rob Wehrli plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri Mar 8 16:15:02 2002

Wank8734@aol.com wrote:

> I am looking for a good distrobution of Linux that would be good for everyday
> use but also good for game development. Anybody have any suggestions? So far
> I have been told to get Mandrake, and that's all.
>
> Chris

There are over 250 different distributions available...of them, you're
going to get 260 different answers to which is "best."  Since you,
luckily, only asked for suggestions, here are mine.

SuSE -or- Mandrake (tied for #1, best engineered)
Slackware -or- Debian (tied for #2, requires more "fidgeting" (or
cussing).
RHL (alone at #3 because of its popularity)

My 2¢... (oops, this *is* a mailing list... $.02 :)

Take Care.

Rob!