SL-5500 as devel workstation?

plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri Apr 12 11:55:01 2002

I am saving my nickels to get a notebook computer.  I find myself wanting to do computer stuff away from home and office.  I code for a living so the device I choose must support the occasional coding that I do at these away times.

The new Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 is looking pretty good as it is smaller than a notebook, has Linux, has a keyboard (thumby one that it is).  But, would it be adequate to be occasionally be used as a code editing platform?  Anyone already have or tried one of these?

Secondarily, has anyone seen one in a local store so I can go get a touchy-feely experience?

Alan