Quesion of interest

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:12:26 -0800

For those who disagree with my rant, please accept my apologies for being
off-topic...

<RANT>
I'm not fearful of being laid off(since I work on gov't projects) but I'm
resentful of the fact that a lot of the slump in the economy is due to the
downplay of our economy in order for an excuse to push an unreasonable and
unneccessarily large tax cut through congress. The word 'chutzpah' comes to
mind-downplay the economy until irrational exuberance turns into irrational
fear causing a bear market/slumping economy, then use the bear
market/slumping economy to justify your "ideas" for "fixing it".

While I'm totally off topic...another reason to read The Onion on a regular
basis:

Congress Adds 'All Your Base Are Belong To Us' Amendment To Bankruptcy Bill
WASHINGTON, DC-- Seeking to increase fiscal accountability among citizens
who have no chance to survive make their time, the House of Representatives
added an "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" amendment Monday to H.R. 333, the
Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2001. "What you
say!!!" shouted the bill's sponsor, Rep. George Gekas (R-PA), following the
amendment's approval. "This bill will not only make debt-ridden Americans
more accountable, but it has the added benefit of taking off every 'zig' for
great justice." Opponents of the amendment protested that it would
potentially set up U.S. the bomb.
</RANT>

Lucas "Rant" Vogel :)