An Inside Look @ MyLinux PLW...

Rob Wehrli rwehrli@azpower.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:35:39 -0700

"Ozlanski, Tony" wrote:

>         The designs look great, I really like how you made the animated 3D
> GIF. What will the OS be (will it be the 2.4 kernel), and is that true that

I've been working with a 2.3.99 and a 2.4.1 kernel for it...we'll see
how it goes, but by the time we get to production, I fully expect to be
at 2.4.x or higher :)

> this thing has 128MB of RAM? IF so that is very impressive. Will there be a

Yes!  64-128 MegaBYTES of low power, battery backed Micron PC-133
SDRAM...the design also has (on the other side of the board) 32-64
Megabytes of Intel StrataFlash.  Note that we're doing all accesses at
32 bits wide whereas many other devices run at 16-bits.  This means
better read performance than just about any other similar platform out
there.

> way to connect a modem to it for remote access? I'm guessing it will be a
> USB modem?

You can use a PCMCIA modem (also on the other side, see:
http://www.azpower.com/mylinux/mylinuxplw.html for a list of features!),
you can use an external USB or RS-232 modem, too.  We also have a
dedicated RS-485 serial port for developers.

Note that we can offer units using 133, 166 and 200MHz processors,
64/128MB of SDRAM and 32/64MB of Flash.

Take Care.

Rob!