C++ and XML...

Rob Wehrli plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Jul 18 16:27:00 2001

Kit Plummer wrote:

> Compiled the code.  It works as advertised.  I like the style...as if I
> knew what good style is :}

Wow...amazingly, something I wrote actually compiled... :)

Seriously, anyone else mess around with it?  How'z expat...fast, huh?
Gotta love cool free stuff!

> -----
>
> I have mentioned a Windoze-based laptop solution in past messages.
> Well, I just remembered another reason why this would be something to
> look into.
>
> Many private pilots are using pen-based computers as replacements for
> paper charts (the maps of airways and airports, approach plans, and
> other flight information.)  In addition, the pen-based computers can be
> rigged with a GPS receiver to add moving-map functionality.  However, it
> would be relatively difficult to rig up the pilot's headset through the
> laptop.  In addition, in the event the laptop failed the pilot would be
> without comm until he rerouted his headset to the main plugs.

Not necessarily...an appropriate design would use a passive or
"pass-through" design rather than an active design that cut off in the
event of notebook power/other failure.

> -----
>
> I am going to play around with adding some functionality to this for the
> question and answer session...we'll see how it goes.
>
> Kit

Sure man.  The whole cool thing about open source is that you can modify
it to your heart's content...use it, abuse it, learn from it do whatever
you want with it.  Just remember to post back changes to the list so
that others can benefit from your discoveries.  Linux most definitely
rocks.

Take Care.

Rob!