Content note...

Rob Wehrli plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Jul 12 12:30:01 2001

Douglas Jerome wrote:

> Maybe there should *ALWAYS* be some time set aside for question and
> answer, so that everyone is guaranteed to have the opportunity to get
> some benifit.

Well, in a way, we all have the benefit of this mailing list for being
heard, however, I agree that a Q&A session on the meeting agenda is an
important item, however, I'd recommend doing it from a panel "mechanism"
rather than an open topic to the floor.  If the group is sufficiently
small enough, then posing questions to the floor would be fine, but over
about 6-10 people, madness is likely to ensue.

Of course, even with a "line item" on the agenda, there is no guaranty
of any benefit :)  It is not uncommon for many people to withhold
questions that they might consider "stupid" in group environments.  The
biggest challenge we'll face is likely to be in getting everyone to
"agree" that it is OK to not know everything/something and that it is by
working out the unknowns that we understand at least one way of
answering problems.  I'll try not to monopolize any conversations (and
hopefully not this list, too!), but let me warn everyone, once I get
started... :)

> > Cheers.
> >
> > Kit

Take Care.