Content note...

Douglas Jerome plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Jul 12 07:20:02 2001

> Hello all,
>
> I just wanted to throw my two cents out there.  As a not-so-experienced
> Linux developer, or just plain developer, my interest in this new group
> is a little different than the previous messages.  This is not to say
> that I expect the function of the group to slow down to my level.
> Indeed, it is my hope that the content is something that I aspire to
> catch up to, as I have most of my technical career.
>
> With that said, I think it would be prudent to follow the course as
> close to a realistic project as possible.  I do like the idea of
> tackling real-world issues, however, this would probably not give
> someone like me a chance at applying the meeting content.
>
> Might it be possible, given enough members of this group, to create more
> than one simultaneous project.  Maybe even something that could possibly
> come together in the end.
>
> Anyway...I know many of you are experienced developers.  I just want to
> participate in this group in some way shape or form.  So, in all the
> technical ramblings that insue here in this discussion please remember
> me.

I've been in environemtns where people knew what I needed to know, and
couldn't or wouldn't make time for me. Incredibly frustrating. I can't
blame any of them, but really was not fun.

Maybe there should *ALWAYS* be some time set aside for question and
answer, so that everyone is guaranteed to have the opportunity to get
some benifit.