Re: Radeon RX580 and trouble with Ffmpeg

+ (text/html)
Author: Jim via PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
CC: Jim
Subject: Re: Radeon RX580 and trouble with Ffmpeg
Thanks Ryan for the advice.  You mentioned the mesa and vdpau drivers
for hardware video acceleration.  I'm testing handbrake now by having it
transcode the same video (25 minutes) and same settings I mentioned
earlier. ( H264 1440x1080 to 640x480).  This time it's also using around
95% of the cpu and transcoding at around 80 fps.  Is it using the
hardware acceleration?

Thanks