Re: InstallFest this Saturday, Sept 15

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: InstallFest this Saturday, Sept 15
Some great ideas.

One issue for "repaving my hard drives" relates to insync. I have 6 or 7
email accounts that I use insync to update my folders for these accounts to
their respective google drives. If I "re-pave"my system, I will have to buy
insync plus @ $30/account to set up the same system I have in place now. I
still get insync updates, so the software is current, but they have a new
license arrangement now as it use to be free before.

My system is working just fine now. I wanted to upgrade because 14.04 will
no longer receive security updates starting next April.

Maybe a clone to an external 2TB drive would work, since I would then have
all the bits for the new system if I need any of them outside of /home.
However, that does not fix my insync problem. Will have to think if there
are other issues like insync to confront.

Stephen,

No, that process did not work. It always failed, and after (literally) a
couple of hours on the phone with System 76 support trying all sorts of
ways to make it work, they gave up!

Mark