Re: Surface Pro 4 WIn 10 and Ubuntu Partition Sizes

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Surface Pro 4 WIn 10 and Ubuntu Partition Sizes
When dealing with efi, I shrink the c-drive partition, make a 500mb /boot
partition, and make the last partition usually a luks encrypted volume, or
a lvm pv directly if no encryption desired. I still like to keep /boot and
$else separate.

Last time doing this with win10, I assigned 60gb because I only really boot
it for bios/thunderbolt dock updates. Installing and using a win10 vm
minimally, orfice365, visio, other stupid windoze-only things, and
os/orfice updates, I'm backing up to around ~50gb of disk so far in that.
If you intend to do more than use it use it for bios updates, I'd suggest
more than 60gb of space. Win10 is a pig.

I miss the old days of running xp with everything on a 6gb disk image...

/sda1 == /boot/EFI
/sda2 == /media/windoze-cdrive
/sda3 == /boot
/sda4 == (encrypted) luks-vol0