Re: happy 25th bday debian

Author: Matthew Crews
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: happy 25th bday debian
On 8/16/18 12:21 AM, der.hans wrote:
> moin moin,
>
> Happy 25th Birthday to Debian!
>
> Ian Murdock announced Debian on 1993Aug16 with the first release the
> following month.
>
> Thanks to all the #Debian volunteers that have worked to make a fantastic
> Free Software distribution, project and community!
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-intro.en.html

Debian is one of THE most important Linux distributions around, ranking
up there with Red Hat, Slackware, Arch, and SUSE. Remember to show the
Debian project some love once in awhile :)

I personally use Debian Stable as my daily driver now. Old packages be
damned, I can count on stable to not break my system when I run "apt
upgrade". The same cannot be said for many of its derivatives.

-Matt