Distros for Web Serving

+ 0x241A8881.asc (application/pgp-keys)
Author: Nathan O'Brennan
To: Phoenix LUG
Subject: Distros for Web Serving

I've been using RedHat/Centos for 20 years now and generally don't look
much else for my server needs. I have a production server that is
seriously straining under the load and it appears to be time to upgrade
to a larger server. But I'm wondering about the benefits of php7 and
maybe a newer mariadb than what currently ships on Centos 7.

Call me an old dog, but I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of using
Ubuntu server and learning all the new stuff. I'm a developer who also
is tasked with managing all the servers and just not sure I'll have the
time to learn new tricks.

Maybe I'm just looking for a confidence boost, but any other devops guys
here using linux web serving and looking at some of the newer
technologies?

I appreciate your thoughts and insights.