Re: OT: How to set up an android tablet without a Google ac…

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: How to set up an android tablet without a Google account?
> On Jan 18, 2018 8:41 PM, <> wrote:
>> I purchased a Nexus 7 tablet for someone [...]
>> but I set it up using my own personal Google account.
>> How can I delete all of my personal information
>> and make this tablet work without it being on my
>> Google account?

Settings->Backup and Reset->Factory data reset will do that. That'll
also wipe out everything else you've done though. It might be possible
to add another account, then delete your account, but they might have
left "delete account" out of the interface.

>> How can I set up an android tablet (Nexus7) with
>> a couple of apps installed but without being on
>> a Google account?

Don't set one up in the first place. This was possible in older
versions of Android, not sure if it's mandatory on newer ones.

Stephen Partington wrote:
> F-droid is your best bet. I also would suggest maybe lineageOS
> to bring it much more current than stock. If desired you won't
> even have Google apps or the Google play store.

http://f-droid.org/ has a bunch of open source Android applications of
varying quality, but will probably not help Joe remove the google
account. LineageOS is only relevant if you want to replace the entire
OS on the tablet. That's probably not what Joe wants if a non-technical
user is going to be using this tablet. (At least installing LineageOS
on a Nexus device should be much easier than installing it on some
phones.)

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity