Re: Hosted Netflow collector/analyzer

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Hosted Netflow collector/analyzer
Agree here, I'd fire up ntop for small load clients and myself occasionally
to grab netflow off my home gateway when weird things happen. You could
always run in a cloud like digitalocean, but don't know of anyone doing
hosted/saas solutions for any netflow tools. I'm interested in feedback
here too if you find something...

*Good* + affordable netflow tools I find are sorely lacking out there, even
ntop (2.x) is steering netflow to be a cost feature, so you're stuck with
old (and somewhat broken/unstable) ntop 1.x. There is flowtools and some
others, but any time I looked at them, they required more elbow-grease than
I was willing to commit to for personal use and/or customer implementations.

-mb

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 8:26 PM, Herminio Hernandez, Jr. <