Re: Y2K

Author: Brian Cluff
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Y2K
How many bits that are used for time has little to do with how many bits
the processor has.  There is still plenty of software that has their
time hard coded to use 32bits even if it's running on a 64bit processor.
It's seems like it's not so much the desktops and servers we have to
worry about, but all the 32 bit embedded systems, old file formats and
things like buildings and cars that tend to get stuck with whatever they
were deployed with, that are going to hurt us.

https://lwn.net/Articles/717076/

I don't think it's going to be a big deal though... but who knows, we
could be in for a surprise.

Brian Cluff