Re: smartphone question

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: smartphone question
There are companies like Cellbrite that make units to do this, usually with
a one-button auto-takeover for cops to dump everything out of the flash and
memory, at least toward most android devices. Apple's have actually become
difficult to do this with, though the higher the profile crime, such as the
San Bernardino shooting, someone out there always has weaponized exploits
to accomplish this for said Nation-State actors with unlimited budgets,
much like our FBI then.

Depends what it is worth to you for an easy button, or as mentioned finding
more published methods to accomplish it. You can always search ebay for
used cellbrite units to pop up on there, I was watching for one for grins a
few years ago, but didn't see them often, often very expensive when so, and
removed the search.

If you have a 3d printer, you can always try this too..

https://hackaday.com/2017/12/15/brute-forcing-passwords-with-a-3d-printer/

-mb

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Herminio Hernandez, Jr. <