Re: OT: Any Mac Geniuses on the List who can advise on a Mac…

+ (text/html)
Author: David Schwartz
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Any Mac Geniuses on the List who can advise on a Mac for Christmas?
“Not enough” what?

Without further details, I think this is really not very informative.

It’s very likely that he could double his RAM and see little if any improvement in his video editing experience.

I find it hard to grasp how going from 8GB to 16GB would make a significant difference in performance if you’re editing, say, a 500MB file, especially if most of the time is spent doing disk I/O, which is often the case.

-David Schwartz