OT: Mac Mini obsolescent? When next release?

+ (text/html)
Author: Victor Odhner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: OT: Mac Mini obsolescent? When next release?
Spun off from the Genius discussion:

The Apple CEO reportedly says Mini is still part of their product line, but he won’t say anything about the next release.

I was another Mini shopper, for supportability and video resolution reasons. Our church music team needs to update a 2009 Mini. I want to get a *new* desktop (laptop wouldn’t fit our config): my goal is to give them hopefully 5+ years of reliable operation. Any comments would be welcome.

Now looking at ditching the Mini, going to Windows or Linux to drive our video projector (MPV rocks) and an MP3 player. The Mini is where our Digital Performer lives (music synthesizer), but I’ve converted most of our library to MP3s and I can still use the old Mini if I need to get creative.