Re: Cox Gigablast

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Cox Gigablast
For the record, It requires an ONT that will be provided by cox, also they
will provide you a netgear AC1750 router. The one i got accepted DDWRT but
performed horribly, but that allowed me to install the non cox netgear
firmware that has been getting me the best speeds.

I think this is because the firewall is offloaded internally (at least in
mine) and DDWRT doesn't know how to talk to that yet so the CPU actually
has to work harder.

Stephen