Re: Looking for video editing software

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian Cluff
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Looking for video editing software
The 2.4.1 version of Openshot is actually a complete rewrite of using
totally different technologies (libopenshot instead of the MeLT
framework), so in a lot of ways it's a lot less mature than the "older"
version 1.3.

You were probably better off with the latest of the first generation of
OpenShot.

Try Kdenlive, the 9.6 version in Trusty wasn't terrible, and it was
definitely already the most capable editor back then.  It probably won't
crash with what you want to do with it, but even if it does it's got a
very good emergency save mechanism that will allow you to pick and
continue where you left off... just make sure that you have it saved at
least once.  I usually create a new project and immediately save it
where I want it to make sure that I get the emergency save functionality
kicked in.

Brian Cluff