Re: Looking for video editing software

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Looking for video editing software
Brian,

To be precise, I an running 14.04.5 LTS.

You have a good point about Openshot. Version 1.3.4 is the latest in the
repositories, so I downloaded 2.4.1, and will give that a try.

The latest version of Kino is in the Ubuntu repositories. It is just not
intuitive to me, so I need a tutorial.

Pitivi is at 0.93 in the repositories, and 0.98 is the latest. However, I
have to install that using flatpack of flapjack(?), and there is nothing in
the repository for that for Ubuntu 14.04 - only 16.04.

I have been resisting the upgrade to 16.04 because I don't want to spend a
lot of time fixing all the resulting broken stuff. I keep my system updated
on a weekly basis. I may have to bite the bullet.

Thanks!

Mark