Re: seeking 4k curved monitor recommendation

Author: der.hans
To: Jerry Snitselaar, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: seeking 4k curved monitor recommendation
Am 14. Nov, 2017 schwätzte Jerry Snitselaar so:

moin moin,

true, at least a couple of the curved monitors I looked at weren't 4k, but
they had a similar resolution. I presumed being wide and short DQd from
selling as 4k. I still need to verify that they have 4:4:4 or equivalent.

I might fall back to a curved TV, but I'm certain a monitor is more likely
to give me a good text experience.

I'm planning on getting a pull-down mount for the TV, so I can have it for
monitoring windows.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8SV48R3291&cm_re=tv_fireplace_mount-_-169-0084-000Z0-_-Product

ciao,

der.hans

> On Tue Nov 14 17, der.hans wrote:
>> moin moin,
>>
>> I'm considering a wide, curved 4k monitor.
>>
>> I'll be connecting to an HDMI port.
>>
>> I'm currently using a 4k TV with text display issues. It was the best
>> option at the time, but my eyes really, really want a better text display.
>> I'm also finding that a wide flat display is less than ideal, hence the
>> desire for curved.
>>
>> Any recommendations for specific monitors? Places of acquisition?
>>
>> I normally ignore black Friday sales, but this year many of them appear to
>> be black November sales. That works better for me, if I'm going to change
>> I need to do so before Thanksgiving as that's when silly season hits full
>> swing for $dayjob.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>> --
>> # https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
>> # "Rock 'n' roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance
>> # all over them." -- Pete Townsend
>
> 4k curved screens seem to be pretty rare. The only 2 I've found in a
> (rather quick) search is a 40" Philips and 40" AOC. There appear to be
> quite a few 3440x1440 curved monitors though, mostly 34" though they
> are pricey.
>
> I think I bought both my 27" ASUS 2k and 4k monitors from newegg.

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that
# he should be able and willing to pull his weight." -- Theodore Roosevelt---------------------------------------------------