Re: A good day for Linux... :)

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: A good day for Linux... :)
Linux continues to take over operation of "things" from air to ground,
already running things like Tesla vehicles with (multiple) Ubuntu systems,
and now others like Toyota using Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) for
infotainment and telemetry. I for one cannot wait.

Oddly, I find most auto nav/radio entertainment systems are still running
bastards like WinCE and QNX, resulting in atrocious feature capabilities.
In most cases, they simply miss the point of what an mp3 player should do
(like playing id3 tagged music actually in order...), let alone all their
crappy UI mishaps that make your vehicle seem like something from the 90's
still.

Just use linux and/or android already, do everyone a favor.

-mb