Laptop Weirdness

+ (text/html)
Author: PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Laptop Weirdness
Hi,

I have 2 older Dell laptops. One has been converted into a Linux
webserver. The other I want to make into a MySql server so I can
configure HTTP on one and data on the other for testing.

One is configured.

After switching out the drive on the second laptop I laid it on top of
the first. The bottom laptop had no power to it. When I turned on the
top laptop it appears to not start. Then after checking to see if the HD
and memory were seated correctly I noticed that after I tried to turn it
on the letters on display were subdued. Then when I pulled the top
laptop forward the display worked correctly.

I then remove the bottom laptop and now the one that appeared to be
failing works normal.

Wacky.... Both have SSD drives if that matters and the batteries were
removed when they were new.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!