Re: seeking lapblet

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: seeking lapblet
Am 25. Sep, 2017 schwätzte Aaron Jones so:

moin moin,

> http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-13-2-in-1/spd/xps-13-9365-2-in-1-laptop
>
> I hear that touch support in Ubuntu supports this laptop 2in1.

I found a review for the new X13 that looks good.

http://perltricks.com/article/laptop-review--dell-xps-13-2-in-1--9365-/

Sounds like it's easy to install and mostly works out of the box. I also
see the fingerprint reader not working as a feature :).

I don't see a way to buy it without the windows tax. Anyone know a way to
get an unloaded XPS from Dell?

Still wish I could get a good linux-powered KDE tablet instead.

ciao,

der.hans

>> On Sep 24, 2017, at 11:55 PM, der.hans <> wrote:
>>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> I'm considering replacing my tablet as it's gradeschool age and a bit
>> persnickety.
>>
>> I'm less and less enthused with app stores and would prefer something with
>> a repository backing it. Preferably debian, but Ubuntu is acceptable.
>> Other debian-based distros might be an option.
>>
>> As such, I'm considering a laptop that can double as a tablet.
>>
>> I would prefer it to be functional as a laptop. Yes, that includes
>> containers and VMs :).
>>
>> Battery life of a few hours is sufficient if it has a decent charging
>> mechanism.
>>
>> I'm find with fliptop type things. Removable display to become a tablet
>> might also work.
>>
>> This is a tool, so I would prefer somewhat regular install and updates.
>>
>> I won't consider Lenovo or HP for a variety of reasons. We can talk about
>> it at Stammtisch.
>>
>> Any recommendations?
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>> --
>> # https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
>> # "It's your difference that gives you the power that you have."
>> # --Helen Mirren

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man