Re: netis wf2118

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: netis wf2118
If the drivers are loading properly, it should show up as a proper netlink
device, ie ip link and iwconfig as a proper 80211 device, but aren't. That
seems like either a bad driver, or a bad device.

I would manually rmmod-ing each of the related rt2x00pci modules, and
modprobe them all back in. You'll have to figure out the order, but from
the lsmod, remove each, and then modprobe each until they're all back. See
what happens along the way, as something isn't loading properly for you if
not netlink devices are occurring.

I'd recommend finding something intel or atheros based...

Side note, you can always get a pci-e to mini-pci host-based adapter, and
simply get a typical intel, atheros, or any other mini-pci device used in a
laptop. You will probably find those, particularly atheros and intel will
be well supported due to laptop inclusion vs. random 3rd party usb or pci
cards.

Much like this kit, with everything, or assemble yourself with the parts
individually:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImN6D5J_41QIVxQcqCh1sdwGkEAkYASABEgJMEPD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1221212

-mb