Re: Cheap Domain Renewals

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Cheap Domain Renewals
A quick price comparison -

The cost to renew for 1 year or transfer and renew for 1 year for 8 domains
(2 x .com, 2 x .org, 2 x .net, 1 x .biz, 1 x .info) with private
registration for each domain:

GoDaddy - $224.84
Google - $96.00
NameCheap - $119.90
NameSilo - $82.92

These domains are expiring at the end of the month, so they are my test
suite for transferring. Also, 4 of the domains are just parked and 4 are in
use, so I want to see what issues I run into.

I think I will try NameSilo because they are a local company. If they fail
for some reason, then off to our Benevolent Overlords at Google.

Thanks!

Mark