Re: Cheap Domain Renewals

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Cheap Domain Renewals
JD,

I just read this in the "fine print". Not sure if you were aware of this
ICANN rule, but you mentioned moving domains as they expires.

If your domain expired with your previous registrar, and you've reactivated
it (renewed after expiration) with them, please do not transfer it within
45 days of the previous expiration date. According to ICANN, the domain
will be renewed for 1 year by the new registrar, but the reactivation year
added to your domain by the previous registrar will be revoked. You may
also lose renewal fees paid to the previous registrar. Check more
information here <https://www.icann.org/news/advisory-2002-06-06-en>.

Mark