Why are all these files created and saved?

Author: PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Why are all these files created and saved?
Can someone please tell me why 'okular' saves a
file like the example below every time it is used?

Is there any good reason why all these hundreds
of nuisance files should not be deleted? I've
deleted a few and it has no affect on opening
another copy of the example .pdf file.

What (if anything) is the purpose for okular
to create all these nuisance files to clutter
up my file system? And is there some way to
put a stop to it?

The same seems to be true for an unknown number
of other programs that create thousands of what
seem to be nuisance, space-wasting files that I
keep finding on my system.

~/.kde/share/apps/okular/docdata/239422.edge.pdf.xml

CONTENTS:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE documentInfo>
<documentInfo
url="/home/joe/.kde/share/apps/okular/docdata/239422.edge.pdf.xml">
 <pageList/>
 <generalInfo>
  <history>
   <current viewport="0;C2:0.499582:0.304825:1"/>
  </history>
  <views>
   <view name="PageView">
    <zoom mode="1" value="1.995"/>