Re: Problems with Cisco DPQ3212 Cable Modem and NAT

Inizio della pagina
Allegati:
Messaggio come e-mail
+ (text/html)
Autore: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Oggetto: Re: Problems with Cisco DPQ3212 Cable Modem and NAT

Those boxes only give you access to
      view, not write the config - it's part of the docsis standard to
      disallow client-side mucking with the cable interface or
      addressing, and probably subsequently the internal addressing as
      well via nat unless the gui lets you somehow.

      It shouldn't nat you to the 10.x interfaces, those are just for
      the modem to register on, and also the 172.x as Todd said for the
      modem or some such.

      I think with those you can make them a dumb bridge, setting them
      to become nothing more than a modem, which case just use your own
      router behind it, like a nice dd-wrt|tomato run unit.  You're much
      better off this way than using it, I've never anything but bad
      about the integrated modem/routers.

      -mb

      On 02/28/2015 07:37 PM, David Demland wrote:

Todd,

Thank
            you for the information, the Level 2 support guy never
            mention that I could do that. I will check on it.

David

              [