RE: debian 2.6.8-1 kernel freezes with Adaptec SCSI U160 291…

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: debian 2.6.8-1 kernel freezes with Adaptec SCSI U160 29160LP
Am 28. Dec, 2004 schwätzte Sanjay Darisi so:

moin, moin,

BTW, please don't leave old signature dashes in and reply after them. That
can result in your reply automagically getting cutoff when people reply to
you.

> I can boot off Knoppix CD but can't mount the scsi device. It doesn't see
> :-(

OK. Can you modprobe the module for the scsi controller?

> I looked for the device name that it mapped to but couldn't find it. I
> tried    with /dev/sda, /dev/scsi ...

cat /proc/scsi/scsi

That'll let you know what devices the scsi subsystem knows about.

> Doesn't this message mean that there is a driver for the card in the
> initrd??

That's what I'd think, but when I see device discovery yet can't see the
device I start to have my doubts... :)

ciao,

der.hans

#  C'est la Net - der.hans