Re: open office vs. ms word

Author: Lee Einer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: open office vs. ms word

Bill Wesson wrote:

>Remember, Microsoft makes a free viewer for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/CD011197531033.aspx
>
>Thanks,
>Bill Wesson
>

>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Hi,
>
>I no longer have access to microsoft word.
>
>I have received a word .doc document
>
>and have to fill in the information and then send it back.
>
>will word be able to handle the file after open office has it?
>
>Anyone ever have any problems with this?
>
>Or should I not even try it.
>
>The document is important.
>
>Thanks,
>
>mike hoy
>[oh and they refused to send it in any other format]

The last time a prospective employer insisted I complete a
pre-employment form in .doc format, they got it, along with

1). An oral dissertation on the wonderful diversity of operating systems
and office suites-
2). The observation that the Best and Brightest love Linux, so they
don't want to screen us out by being M$ only, and
3). A complimentary file of their form in PDF format for applicants who
don't use M$ Office.

I didn't get the job, but that was due to our inability to agree on salary.

--

Lee Einer
Dos Manos Jewelry