[Plug-security] Why have HackFests been Dropped from the PLUG Schedule?

Lisa Kachold foobar at it-clowns.com
Sun Nov 30 08:22:08 MST 2014

Hans/(All),

PLUG (aka Hans [since actually no leadership was ever allowed] is going to
have to state the rules under which you are "dismissing" via schedule
removal a healthy regular popular venue.

PLUG (aka Hans "Luft")  is going to have to reference when those rules were
published and when they were delivered to me.

EVERYONE has historically had their own website, because PLUG does not
allow:

1) Specific wording in announcements.
2) Submitting additional announcements and extensive innovative content.
3) Presentation postings.

Examples of other historic users (in good standing) with their own websites
to support their presentations and community endeavors include:

Ryan Rix
Alan Dayley
Joseph Sinclair
Brian Cluff
Alexander Henry

The PLUG (lack of structure and rules/guidelines) consistent with other
cities of comparable sizes (specific examples are Seattle, Los Angeles and
Portland) has kept the group from becoming all that a LUG can be.

Older retired penguins have devoted thousands of hours and dollars each
year purchasing their own equipment for community venues like Installfest
without anyone in PLUG "leadership" even getting a 501(c)3 rider under
another PLUG to allow income tax relief.

Here's a long list of past discussions that echo these limitations and
issues:

http://208.77.223.83/lurker/message/20100205.085425.dbace92f.en.html

http://208.77.223.83/lurker/message/20130508.020509.d70d1744.en.html

http://208.77.223.83/lurker/message/20090806.163922.37c4d455.en.html

http://208.77.223.83/lurker/message/20101108.063046.7219d889.en.html

The ramifications of PLUG (aka Hans "Luft") limiting announcements and
venues (like the HackFest) that promote continuing educational schools
(other than Mesa Community College [where he has been adjunct teacher]) are
obvious.

The ramifications of PLUG (aka Hans "Luft") "dropping" a 7 year successful
event like the HackFest is HUGE.

I have been long contacted by members active for many years who want
support to backup recommendations to disband the PLUG (or remove
"Presidential dictatorship")  with a long laundry list of reasons from
sexual harassment (Example: Hans raising his wedding ring clad finger to
women as they wait to speak with him about PLUG matters during public
community events [which I have experienced twice myself])  to outright
misuse of funding ( [tee shirts and donations from local businesses] and
PLUG interns/students raising money for sister project ABLEConf) as well as
inappropriate steering to classes at Mesa Community College during
"OpenSource" community venues.

I have stayed out of escalation of those issues to other authorities, but
"Silence is DEATH" and a Linux Users Group where membership live in threat
of social ostracism and promote via "inner circle relationships" (or make
decisions like drop a healthy venue without written rules or warning) is
nothing more than a "GANG" and is destined to die.

1) Please show me the rules under which removal of the HackFests from the
calendar was made?  If there was a scheduling issue, why was I not called
or allowed to reschedule?  Our security community and active interns have
been historically very changeable and this could be easily arranged at
DeVry University who also provide a rack at OneNeck.

2) Please show me the rules that state posting a discussion to more than
one mailing list with the same content is disallowed?   It is not on any of
the mailing list phxlinux.org pages?

3) And while we are talking about it, please show me the rules (in any
PLUG) that state that we can't have TWO PLUG EVENTS on the same day?  Is
that because the website php CMS software won't allow it? [/LAUGH]

I have a HackFest iPhone and Android app ready (which can be released in
the next week) to submit to Google Play and Apple Store. I will happily
leave the phxlinux.org and PLUG name out of that code.

Thanks for "allowing me" to continue to announce the HackFests on the
mailing lists.

Happy ThanksGiving