[Plug-security] Please Add the Hackfest to the PLUG Website/Schedule?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Mon Mar 31 10:33:59 MST 2014

On 03/31/2014 09:43 AM, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> I am slightly preplexed about why the hackfests would have been dropped
> from the schedule?

It's a simple mistake.  The copy of the machine that we were able to get
from Deru ended up having corrupted database and which quickly resulted
in the website eating itself.  This resulted in the website having to be
rebuilt from scratch.  I simply neglected to re-add the event to the
calendar when I rebuilt the site.  I am sorry that this happened, it
wasn't done intentionally.  The entry for the hackfest was still in our
list of meetings.  Shortly after the rebuild it was also discovered that
I also forgot one of the installfests, but Larry dropped me a quick note
and I quickly re-added it.  There was no need for him to give me his
resume about how long he had been hosting the installfests, and it
didn't require anything to be posted publicly.

Brian Cluff