[Plug-security] Phoenix Linux User Group Security Team @ Gangplankhq.com 2nd and 3rd Saturdays of Every Month

Obnosis lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Feb 1 12:37:55 MST 2011

Phoenix Linux User Group Security Team - Hackfesting now at
Gangplankhq.com starting in February 2011 every 2nd and 3rd Saturday
from Noon until 3PM.

Here's the last Hackfest in January (2011):   http://plug.phoenix.az.us/node/3840

You can see regular monthly announcements at http://plug.phoenix.az.us

In 2011, we will be showcasing, and adding the following:

David Heuranix 's Haystack Project http://haystackproject.org/ and
Firefox Security Plugins

LogMeIn and Hamachi Hackfests
We will be evaluating each for purposes of proving 24X7 PLUG Hosted
shared network based fest targets and collaboration environment.  Both
will include real life tools (server setup on hamachi, etc.).These
test networks will allow you to play with various VMWare hacker
training distros, etc.

We have a call for Network equipment donations: I have Wifi router,
10/100/1000 Gbit Cisco security router, for our own network, however
we still need: network cables and HUBs.  Please email
hacker at obnosis.com for more information.

We will therefore be doing some real basic network trips and
showcasing tools including:
rarp/arp, showcasing packet forwarding spoofs, source address spoofing
with NC, nmap, UPNP network hacking and exploits, unicast and
multicast MDNS and Zero based configuration.  LDAP shared network
threats in common implementation scenarios and clear text sniffing
tools.

Additional updates on our Wifi Encroachment series will include
demonstration of NVIDIA card dictionary and rainbow table password
crunching for WPA2 personal passphrase., Radius and Microsoft
Certificate Server shared networking threats.

Please forward any suggestions you might have for Hackfest content or
presentations to hacker over at obnosis.com.

Our regular team is losing one member (taking a job with the Army) so
we are interested in seeing a few other people come to contribute etc.

We have an open call for presentations and always need people
interested in Forensics to watch the fun.