[Plug-security] cisco 675 firewall Q's

lynn tilby plug-security@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:11:25 -0700

I am REALLY getting hit by crackers...

A few questions on cisco 675 configuration... If you don't know the
answers maybe you folks know where I could find them...

First:

I downloaded the 2.4.1 version CBOS from qwest and installed it, and it
works fine!

1. When I do a set disable tftp it does not seem to disable; I can still
tftp to the 675.  How do I completely disable tftp so someone cannot
download new settings or change the version of the CBOS?

2. Using filters I have tried disabling all protocols, incoming and
outgoing, and then just enabling those that I want to given ip's.  The
enabling of certain protocols to certain ip's doesn't work!  Enabling
doesn't open up access for the given ip.  Given what I have read so far
this should work!  The manual (such as it is) says on page 2-16 that
"Enabled filters are applied to packets in sequential order according to
filter number."  I would interpret this to mean that the succesive
filters would modify [if appropriate] the characteristics of the
previous filters.

Perhaps I am going about this wrong... Are there any examples of cisco
675 firewalls that other people have done somewhere on the net?  (I have
already checked cisco's web site and there is only simplistic FAQ
stuff... and... I have already read the "examples" in the book and in
the help info on the router itself.)

I have already contacted cisco by phone and e-mail both times they
referred me to qwest who they said they are he only ones they are
selling the 675's to.  In contacting qwest they say they don't provide
that level of technical support...

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Mr. Lynn P. Tilby