GNOME or KDE?

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Tue Mar 22 15:44:52 MST 2022

On 2022-03-22 15:23, Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> In the past there has been some discussion about which is better
> GNOME or KDE?  I like Mint and I see it offers MATE (a fork of GNOME
> 2) or Cinnamon (a fork of GNOME 3).
> Does it matter?

KDE is very, very customizable.  GNOME 3 is ... not.  There has been a
remarkable amount of continuity in how KDE's applications have behaved
(and looked, if you want) since KDE 2.  And no, not every application
starts with a K these days.  Default file manager is dolphin not
konqueror, default image viewer is gwenview not kview, default
screenshot taker is spectacle not kscreenshot.  So I prefer KDE but EPID
and YMMV.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity