dBase

trent shipley trent.shipley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 20:50:20 MST 2022

It looks like SQLite was meant to be a modest application's dedicated SQL
enabled data store.  It was never meant to be concurrent, multiuser or
intensely transactional.  A database professional would say that's a
stupidly lazy programmer trick.

On a similar note I've been reading software engineering books which say
letting the data architects engineer the database is a bad idea,  just let
the programmers evolve the disperate databases and stores as they use agile
methodology to evolve the enterprise systems -- I think of the poor
accountants and data scientists, and think "why am I listening to a
software engineer tell me how to architect the data on the premise
organizing the data is a lost cause anyway which only slows the
enterprise's agile?"