PLUG chat future options

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri May 28 00:29:23 MST 2021

Am 28. May, 2021 schwätzte Kelley Law via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin Kelley,

> Anyone willing to help me figure out Libera Chat on wee chat?  I get
> this message when I try to joint #PLUGaz “#PLUGaz: Cannot join channel
> (+r) - you need to be | identified with services"

Thanks for the reminder to disable that.

The first day Libera.chat was getting spam attacks, so we added +r to all
the channels. That requires nicks to be registered and authenticated to
join the channel.

I just removed it. Hopefully we won't need it in the future.

If you register your nick with Libera.chat, then you'll be able to get
into +r channels as well.

ciao,

der.hans

--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  Intelligence without compassion is a waste.  -- der.hans