Cannot send email Postfix / Dovecot

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Mon Jul 5 19:48:47 MST 2021

Being a network dude, I always say start at the network ports.  Can you
ping and telnet to the ports you expect to, and verify ports are open you
expect?  If you can connect to ports, it's verifiable not the network or
firewall.

Rest is auth to the application service or daemon (smtp/pop/imap) if you
can make a socket connection to tcp/25, 110, 143, etc.  If you open basic
imap/pop/smtp without encryption, you can interact and test with telnet
alone to send/receive.  Start there, once those work, move up to encrypted
sockets to build on once unencrypted works.

-mb