firefox crashing ... partially solved ...

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Sun Nov 20 13:33:08 MST 2016

On 11/01/2016 Brian Cluff last wrote:
> Have you tried creating a new user and logging in with all
> fresh settings. That should at least tell you if it's the
> program itself or some other settings on your account that
> are causing your crash.

After more than two months struggling with this problem,
I finally received a partial solution from mozilla that
explained the problem is with Oxygen, so I changed that
in system settings to cleanlooks and GTK appearance from
oxygen-gtk to raleigh and now firefox starts.

However, I have lost all my previous settings and I can no
longer open "view source code" in kwrite so I can edit the
source contents the way I used to be able to do.

I went to about:config and changed the: view_source.editor.path
to add /usr/bin/kwrite ... but that now opens the source in
another tab instead of in a separate window and I it does
not allow me to edit the contents.

What can I do to get this to work the way it used to?